Note that as an importer or exporter you have a particular responsibility to submit accurate documentation. This includes assisting with the correct information about the consignment, for example documentation of origin.
Inadequate documentation can:
- Delay the consignment
- Stop the consignment
- Invoice with specified content:
- Invoice number
- Date and place
- Packages and weight
- Description of contents
- Delivery location and dates
- Particular conditions related to the invoice
- Documentation of origin/proof of origin
- Proforma invoice:
- A proforma invoice should reflect the goods’ true value
- Used if the receiver is not paying for the goods, for example samples or gifts
Customs clearance documentation is also an important factor when applying for a VAT settlement from the Norwegian Tax Administration, ref. Act relating to Value Added Tax.
eCare provides you with a complete overview over all consignments and their related documentation such as customs clearance, bill of lading and invoices etc.
Find more about Customs Clearance