Trade and volumes are increasing, and our roads are overcrowded. The increase in pollution is a fact, new legislations introduced in the larger cities, and toll fees with time slots for passing through during rush hour.
In Norway, one-third of all greenhouse gas is related to road freight.
Despite the increasing environmental focus, consumers are not willing to pay more for the merchandise. Nor do they accept longer delivery times.
Instead the transport companies must find new ways of transport to meet the needs of today and tomorrow. ColliCare rail solution solves these issues, by offering very competitive prices, low emission and efficient logistics.
– The train goes directly from Italy to Norway, and it will have the shortest transit time on the market. For our customers, this means fast transport, low price and predictable deliveries for the customers. Ronny Normark, Development Manager ColliCare.
– We have a lot of goods suitable for rail transport. To us, price, time and flexibility is important. By choosing the ColliCare-train, our demands are met. We also would like to set a standard in the food industry regarding emission and green focus. Rail is the most environmentally friendly way of transport, and the distance between Italy and Norway is considerable. Andreas Klamroth, Purchasing and Supply Manager in Haugen-Gruppen.
The ColliCare train from Italy;
- 20 waggons
- 66 pallet places in each waggon, a total of 1320 pallet places.
- 63 tons load per waggon – total weight for load is 1260 tons
- weekly departures from Parma Saturday morning.
- arrival Rolvsøy, Fredrikstad Monday early morning at 06:00 AM
ColliCare train from China:
- 66 pallet places in each waggon = a total of 1320 pallet places
- 63 tonnes capacity for each waggon = a total loading capacity of 1260 tonnes
- weekly departures
Some environmental facts:
Truck versus train gave us the following advantages:
94% lower CO²-emission
82% lower energy consumption
Click and make your own calculations on EcoTransIT:
A smart rail solution is both fast, cost-efficient and environmentally friendly